This opening as Associate Director, Supply Planning presents you with a fantastic opportunity to be a part of building exciting new capabilities within Dermalogica. You will be well versed and interested in all aspects of sales, inventory, and operational supply chain planning, particularly the execution of material requirements planning and external contract manufacturing scheduling in support of ongoing and innovative business opportunities. You will be excited by the development of new systems, processes and approaches to support functional performance improvements. Alongside this there is the need to determine and implement appropriate performance metrics as a basis for future performance improvements in pursuit of world class levels of customer case fill and optimum inventory holding. You will be someone who can do this in a smart and intelligent way, merging best practice thinking in sales, inventory, and operational planning with the latest technology and software developments available. In addition to this you will be able to demonstrate the ability to lead a team to higher levels of performance, by developing a clear vision for the supply planning functions and setting clear direction for the team, as well as fostering a culture of skills development, coaching and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the sales, inventory, and operations planning (SIOP) process within Dermalogica in collaboration with Demand Planning Manager.
- Participate and ensure the SIOP roadmap and time phased approach to implementation of a formal review cycle in support of ongoing product life cycle management remains a key objective.
- Support and improve contract manufacture operation (CMO) scheduling and capacity planning management to enhance overall scheduled order attainment to plan.
- Identify and establish appropriate inventory methodologies (safety stock & cycle stock) for the entire order to receipt process which improves lead-time and inventory investment while supporting target service levels of complete order fill.
- Support ABC/Product Segmentation and Rationalization analysis to minimize complexity within the supply chain
- Responsible for ongoing improvements to transactional order management and inventory levels across multiple US warehouses ensuring optimal inventory availability
- Responsible for all phase in and phase out change control of each stage of product lifecycle, ensuring obsolete and residual inventory is kept to a minimum without jeopardizing sales.
- Establish a strong win/win relationship with CMO to ensure supply chain initiatives are aligned and performance expectations are mutually beneficial and attainable.
- Leverage industry best practices and continuous improvements to continually improve and advance efforts of the SIOP process.
- Provide leadership guidance, direction, and mentorship to the supply planning staff.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and ideally a relevant professional qualification
- 10+ years of relevant planning experience.
- Experience of identifying and implementing novel solutions to existing operational issues, preferably technology based.
- Demonstrated ability to fail fast and iterate quickly.
- Results-oriented approach with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to build productive relationships with peers.
- In-depth understanding of ERP systems and principles, with experience in JD Edwards helpful.
- Familiar with the latest planning systems and have a keen interest in developing and using technology solutions.
Apply now and become a team member for a company that provides competitive salaries, outstanding benefits including Health Benefits, Monthly Product Allowances, Profit Sharing, Annual Fitness Reimbursement, Domestic Partner Benefits, 401(k) Matching, not to mention a host of other perks!
To be considered for this role, please click on "Apply Now" to complete the online application. Please know that all applications are reviewed for consideration. A member of the Human Resources team will contact you if your experience and skills are a match for the position.
Dermalogica is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity.
Follow us on