Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping product for the past year, and are growing rapidly.
Are you a passionate and innovative Electrical Engineer looking to help develop state-of-the-art AI products? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission-driven and values-focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you! Join us and help define elegant, high-performance computing, sensing, communication, and power systems.
What you'll do:
- Execute board-level design for Shield AI's products, including aerial robotics that require both advanced computational capability and custom electronics for image processing, multi-spectral imaging (including cameras and radar), radio frequency communication, motion estimation, flight control, and power management.
- Own and execute design assignments from inception through production.
- Perform board-level design with significant challenges related to power, size, thermal, and weight
- Conduct and attend cross-functional design reviews
- Be responsible for schematic capture, modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Develop new technologies and streamline production processes as required to accomplish our mission and delight customers.
- Interact with users to match product design to the application
Who we're looking for:
- You have a B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 2+ years of experience
- You are experienced with: board-level design, analog skills, schematic capture, and component selection
- You have a demonstrated passion for solving complex problems with little supervision in a fast-moving team
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- Strong fundamentals-based problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong expertise in at least one of these areas: board-level design, analog skills, signal integrity, RF design, or high-speed design
- Supporting expertise in at least one of these areas: EMI management, simulation (e.g., SPICE)
- Schematic capture
- Component selection (discretes, ICs)
- Power electronics
- Modeling (e.g., MATLAB)
- Familiarity with Altium
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.