BASIC FUNCTION: Direct the daily education program and the implementation of the Head Start goals to the fullest extent possible for each child. Form partnerships with parents to set and work toward school readiness goals. Ensure Day Care Licensing (ODJFS) regulations are followed and maintain SUTQ rating for your center.
- Education/experience - BA, BS or AA degree in Early Childhood Education; one (1) year teaching experience and Pre-K License preferred.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for accurate record keeping, reporting, and writing.
- Maintain flexibility, in meeting job responsibilities.
- Demonstrate competency to provide effective and nurturing teacher-child interactions, plan and implement learning experiences that ensure effective curriculum implementation and use of assessment and promote children’s progress across the standards described in the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework: Ages Birth to Five and applicable state early learning and development standards, including for children with disabilities and dual language learners, as appropriate.
- Show the ability to function effectively and appropriately with various community agencies, programs and professionals. Maintain a professional image while representing Head Start.
- Demonstrate flexibility, willingness, and commitment to attend professional meetings and training.
- Exhibit the ability to communicate and remain courteous and professional with children, parents, staff and community members.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Demonstrate a sincere commitment to the philosophy of Head Start and to the objectives of an early childhood intervention program.