The Proposal Manager will manage the overall proposal development and management functions for Loyal Source’s Healthcare and Technical Services business. The Proposal Manager will ensure the timely completion and effective preparation and development of new written proposal content to create compelling and compliant proposals in response to Requests for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Quotes (RFQ), and other bid opportunities to bring new business or expand existing business.
Please note: This is a dual role of approximately 40-50% writing and 50-60% proposal management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Candidate must reside or be willing to relocate to Orlando, FL and work from our corporate office (no remote/tele-commute option
- Responsible for all daily proposal management activities, including development of work plans, schedules, and milestones for assigned team members.
- Review assigned Requests for Proposals, Requests for Quotes, Invitations to Bid, and Requests for Information; specifically analyzing the scope of work, instructions to offerors, evaluation criteria, terms and conditions, pricing requirements, and other proposal requirements.
- Write and manage the development of new proposal content, and revise/rewrite existing proposal content based on the requirements of each solicitation for various assignments within management, technical, past performance, corporate experience, pricing, and related requirements.
- Integrate relevant elements of win strategy, themes and discriminators, and competitive assessments into assigned proposal sections.
- Develop highly relevant content for proposals by performing research and interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to generate written content and work with graphic designers to develop key concepts into informative graphics.
- Plans, implements and coordinates proposal lifecycle functions for competitive bids including: organize and conduct proposal kickoff meetings; review RFPs / RFQs to prepare compliance matrices; prepare proposal templates; prepare, send out and track data calls; coordinate with teammates; documenting tracking and version control; set up and running Color Team reviews; proposal content development and editing; manage all contract forms and signatures; respond to additional documentation; execute proposal production.
- Work closely with capture managers, business developers, line managers, and other subject matter experts to develop and refine compelling and compliant proposal content consistent with relevant themes.
- Communicates progress and outstanding issues throughout the proposal process to the necessary players and managers.
- Schedule meeting facilities and organize products to support proposal operation
- Ensures all final proposals are in compliance with RFP requirements and facilitates the timely submission of proposals.
- Maintains archive of all proposals following final submission.
- Contribute to the team’s efforts in process improvement and controls that reflect high standards.
- Participate in the development of proposal strategies and themes.
- Research background information relevant to the project and customer.
- Edit documents for grammar, style, and content.
- Works with internal stakeholders to update boilerplate on a continual basis and maintain resource library and proposal archives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education and equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of demonstrated experience writing and editing proposal content for federal government customers.
- Demonstrated understanding of federal and commercial acquisition processes that guide proposal development requirements.
- Experience with contracts valued in excess of $50M
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, and display strong time-management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting tight, multiple, and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task.
- Ability to think strategically, apply sound judgment, be resourceful, troubleshoot, and take initiative.
- Be self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- APMP Certification
- Shipley Training
- Ability to work in fast paced, high stress environment, while maintaining a good working relationship with all members of the team, all customers, and management.
- Prior Healthcare Industry experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare and technical services industries.