Are you looking to begin a successful career in the health care industry while having the opportunity to develop a wide variety of transferable skills? Are you a curious, creative individual with a passion for pleasing others? Health Care Logistics is searching for team-oriented, yet internally driven individuals with a positive, ready-to-learn attitude to be trained as a Resource Specialist.
We have combined a casual and fun work environment with solid success and growth to become an ideal place to develop your career. Complete customer satisfaction is at the heart of everything we do, and we treat our employees the same great way we treat our customers. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes paid holidays, weekends off, and full time benefits after 60 days, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, company matched 401(k), and more!
Let your talents shine in a thriving, family-owned company where your individual contributions can make a difference!
JOB SUMMARY:The Resource Specialist is responsible for providing excellent customer service by researching, locating, and selling non-stock items to customers as well as processing modified product orders, special (custom) orders, and providing product referrals to other companies when necessary.
• Must make initial contact with the customer within 24 hours of receipt of request and provide timely follow up to secure the sale.
• Inbound and Outbound phone work, handling of email, fax, and EDI order requests
• Collects information to fulfill requests through direct interaction with the customer and suppliers. Analyzes the information collected along with additional data from internal sources, vendor websites, files, catalogs, and company system to complete customer requests for non-stock and/or created products or modifications to existing products from start to finish.
• Obtains and analyzes bids to determine the best possible advantage for the customer and the company based on company policy.
• Responsible for pricing items and preparing a detailed quotation or purchase agreement after researching options based on customer request.
• Cross sells and up sells
• Processes customer requests for refunds, exchanges and adjustments, and/or refers to the Returns department
• Utilizes company system to establish new customer accounts, for item and item assembly setups, quotes and order entry.
• Negotiates invoice discrepancies with suppliers based on verbal or written bids.
• Utilizes an internal tracking tool as a main communication route with company manufacturing divisions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to exercise the fundamentals in applied mathematics including setting profitable price margins.
• Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
• Detail oriented; Able to maintain accurate records in our computer system.
• Ability to work independently to manage work tasks effectively.
• Ability to work as an effective team member and provide backup support to co-workers.
• Willingness to work collaboratively and ability to demonstrate effective teamwork while working directly with all
• Must have strong multi-tasking abilities
• Must be able to travel as necessary to tradeshows and customer visits (rare).
• Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and completeness
• Must be able to maintain above average attendance and punctuality
• Requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time. Rare frequency to alternate sitting and standing, twisting,
bending, kneeling and squatting.
• Continuous ability for near/far vision and hearing.
• Occasional training of new co-workers sharing in the team responsibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)