South Carolina Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a Financial Sales Representative to join our team of outstanding professionals in Columbia, SC.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Consistently meet or exceed sales/performance goal and operational standards.
- Maintain an active prospect list and professionally correspond with members or potential members to identify their financial needs and to build long-term relationships.
- Maintain effective sales skills and in-depth product and service knowledge in order to offer products and services that best fit the members' needs.
- Navigate multiple systems to professionally perform sale task in person and by telephone/email with a high degree of accuracy and speed in a high-volume, fast-paced financial center environment.
- Sales task include, but are not limited to, opening a variety of accounts, loan applications, and other products and services offered by the credit union, as well as conducting other sales related task.
- Refer business, mortgage, insurance, and investment products and services.
- Properly verify members' identification and ensure confidentiality of members' information.
- Actively participate in training activities, coaching sessions, and meetings.
- Support and promote teamwork among all areas of the credit union.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- A minimum of one year of similar or related experience selling products and/or services with a proven record of achieving or exceeding sales goals.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with members and employees in person and by telephone/email.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform duties with a high degree of accuracy and speed in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to generate new business by outbound calling and reaching out to the local community.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in relationship building discussions.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and anticipate members' needs and sell products and services.
- Possess problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Solid time management and organizational skills.
- Basic proficiency in Windows based programs.
- Intermediate mathematical skills performing calculations involving adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
NOTE: Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Equal Opportunity Employer