Fiber/Small Cell Engineering Designer
- Title: Fiber/Small Cell Engineering Designer
- Location: San Antonio, TX (Onsite)
- Industry: Utility and Telecom Engineering Services
- Type: W-2 full-time
- Experience: 2-5 years engineering design
- Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred.
- Benefits: Health, vision, dental & life
- Reports to: Account/Project Manager
Who we are:
We are a group of engineers who live to be part of the Fiber Optic and Small Cell infrastructure build. We provide comprehensive engineering design, build and integration services to telecommunication and utilities customers. Since we started at the end of 2017, we have grown from two co-founders to a team of 30+ strong varied from newly graduates to seasoned industry veterans. Our clients have stated that PhaseLink brings something unique to the industry by integrating electrical design, fiber optic and small cell deployment with cutting edge technologies. If you are excited about exercising your imagination, hard work and capability to build the next generation electrical and telecom network, we have the opportunity for you to grow as we are a fast-growing (over 100% y/y) engineering firm with huge potential.
As the Fiber/Small Cell Engineering Designer, you will report to either Wireline or Small Cell Account/Project Manager. You will be working collaboratively with other engineers on the team to meet demanding project timelines. It will be challenging as goals, roles, and projects will be shifting as priorities change and the company grows. This means you can and will need to adapt quickly, prioritize and begin new projects, and communicate effectively with colleagues.
As an entrepreneurial company, this person will need to be a “roll up your sleeves individual” able to learn quickly and jump into work and partner with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Previous Make Ready and Pole Loading experience with an understanding of National Electric Safety Code (NESC) preferred.
Who you are:
- Strong work ethic and resilient mentality
- Ability to learn and produce quality work and simultaneously manage several project deadlines
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to manage time effectively and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication, process documentation skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in or strongly desire to work in a startup environment and capable of growing with the team
- Align your behavior and work attitude with the Company’s core values, vision, and mission & teamwork
- Represent the Company with the highest degree of professionalism, at all times, to include general appearance, grooming, attitude, and dress
What You'll Do:
- Perform Make Ready Engineering (MRE) and Pole Loading Analysis (PLA) to help ensure that new utility pole attachments made by our customers meet utility standards and applicable codes.
- QA/QC utility pole attachment applications to ensure all specification requirements are met before sending to the PE for final review.
- Prepare plans with detailed drawings that include all detailed attachments, guying, grounding, riser details, span footages, and anchor configurations as required by all applicable codes, including NESC, NEC, and General Order 95 (GO 95)
- Assist with Small Cell site walk selections, electrical designs, and review of plans.
- Review design plans, project specifications, and cost estimates; and identify and solve design problems.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within the specified budget. Implement engineering best practices across all phases of our projects with the approval of senior engineers.
- Present analysis results and project solutions to technical leads, senior leaders and clients as necessary
- Be business driven. Track project progress and provide weekly updates.
- Be very familiar with and enforce the Company’s policies and procedures.