The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you. Whether you’re fresh out of college or the military or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
Here at The MIL Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here, and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Last year alone, we earned:
Whether your goal is to help defend our country through the cyber efforts of the Department of Defense or ensure proper financial management/accountability with the Department of State, The MIL Corporation welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation seeks a talented IT Business Analyst to support a Federal Government client at our Charleston, SC location.
The three main responsibilities for this position will be: 1) creating, maintaining, and working with Access Databases (including Visual Basic programming), Excel Macros, and other automation tools; 2) leading teams as a project manager for business process improvement projects; 3) performing analysis of complex business processes, identifying opportunities for improvement, and documenting and communicating results to management.
• Document the “as-is” process to determine if a process can be streamlined. Develop options, including automation, and present to management. Implement the selected option and provide post-implementation support
• Develop or update automation tools that are used to streamline financial processing and reconciliation. Utilize software expertise with MS Access, Visual Basic, MS Excel, etc. to develop the tools
• Create, edit, and revise, as appropriate, software tool technical specification documentation, user guides, approach memos, or process maps to support the federal client
• Perform analysis of complex business processes and operational processes for Financial Operations. Document and communicate results.
• Provide support for the management, coordination and implementation of operational procedures and financial systems or processes
• Develop and document best practices for department’s operational units
• Conduct business process re-engineering activities
• Act as liaison between the systems development, computer operations, and accounting groups, from a financial operations perspective, for software changes/upgrades and coordination of operational procedures
• Responsible for collecting user requirements, reviewing software designs for accuracy and cross-system and cross-organization impact, assessing operational/business impacts
• Develop data visualizations, financial dashboards and business intelligence reporting. Work with users to define
requirements and data sources. Support data refreshes as needed
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Business Administration or closely related field of study. Experience can be substituted for a different degree OR in lieu of degree.
• 2+ years of technical experience in systems development, requirements development, and/ or automated financial
systems development, requirements development, and/ or automated financial systems analysis
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in a technical and non-technical capacity)
• Experience with CGI Federal Momentum software, Reporting platforms and/or eTravel
Please see above
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.