The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you. Whether you’re fresh out of college or the military or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
Here at The MIL Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here, and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Last year alone, we earned:
Whether your goal is to help defend our country through the cyber efforts of the Department of Defense or ensure proper financial management/accountability with the Department of State, The MIL Corporation welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation is seeking a Systems Engineer candidate to work with a Federal Client in Charleston, SC. As a member of the team, the successful candidate will provide thorough analysis and support for production systems in the Global Systems Division, Financial Systems Operations Unit. Position allows for education and growth opportunities.
• Perform feasibility studies, system assessments and requirements analyses for applicable technologies/systems
• Troubleshooting and support of multiple applications running on SQL Server / Oracle database environments
• Develop technical solutions to problems, implement enhancements and upgrade system architectures
• Analysis and implementation of systems related activities with a focus on continual improvement of system monitoring and maintenance processes
• Software life cycle analysis and planning
• Maintain and develop scripts in a Windows environments using batch process scheduling (workload automation)
• Administer and troubleshoot enterprise level accounting and financial management systems
• Ensure systems hardware, software and operating systems comply with organizational policies and procedures
• A four year degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, business or closely related field
• Minimum of five years of technical experience in systems support and maintenance, requirements development, and /or automated financial systems analysis
•The ability to communicate technical as well as non-technical information clearly, both orally and in writing
• Excellent customer service and client interaction skills
• Strong analytical skills to identify problems and propose solutions
• Self-starter with initiative to identify problem areas and suggest resolutions
• Work fairly independently, receiving minimum detailed guidance
• PeopleSoft PeopleTools Administration
• Momentum® Federal ERP software
• BMC Control-M Workload Automation software
• Windows PowerShell or other scripting languages
• Support of Microsoft Windows administration (server and workstation) operating systems
• Oracle Tuxedo
• SQL Server and/or Oracle database administration experience
• Knowledge and Experience with: SQL to create database management scripts, and utilities; Oracle and Windows server environments; Enterprise level Accounting and financial management systems; Batch process scheduling (workload automation)
• Experience in the engineering of system administration-related solutions for various projects and operational needs
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.