Are you looking for a highly paid, flexible career that you can feel good about? Something in a major growth market that offers rapid career advancement. You may be surprised that Aflac, the company with the Duck, is actively hiring Benefit Advisors. The benefit landscape has changed, and our advisors work with businesses to develop solutions for challenges relating to technology, health insurance, and employee experience.
As an advisor, you will be leveraging the Fortune 500 brand that is Aflac and the Duck to generate new business opportunities with local small to medium size business. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Setting meetings with small business owners, CFO’s and Human Resource managers
- Identifying business needs through our consultative process
- Providing recommendations of benefit and business solutions from Aflac’s suite of insurance and technology
- Educating and helping employees understand the changing benefit landscape
- Continuing to provide on-going consultation regarding industry trends and new Aflac offerings
The following attributes are the main qualifications we are looking for in candidates:
- Positive Attitude
- Strong Communication Skills
- Professional Presence
- Desire to Help Others
The Benefit Advisor position and the internal growth opportunity with Aflac means that while B2B or insurance experience is a plus, it is not necessary. Candidates with relevant experience can be considered for management roles immediately.
There are many advantages to working for Aflac which include:
- Training: Award-winning training highlighted by our hip to hip mentorship approach that is combined with expert classroom and online learning.
- Competitive compensation: Compensation will be discussed in detail at your first interview, many advisors make between 40k-65k during their 1st year (before bonuses). Our top first year advisors can reach 80-100k.
- Bonuses and awards: Earn additional compensation through our New Advisor Award Series (up to $12,900 1st year), stock bonuses, nomination bonuses & ongoing contests that include trips, prizes & cash bonuses.
- Residual income: Build passive income through our vested lifetime renewal program.
- Feel good about what you do: You will be a strategic advisor to companies and their employees. You will make an impact on our policyholders’ lives by being there when they need it the most.
- Control your work life balance: You have the freedom and flexibility to build your own business, manage your time and resources for total control of your work/life balance.
- Collaborative culture: We pride ourselves in being a fun, ethical, and professional team who actively work together in a positive, cooperative work environment.
- Advancement: Learn how to develop and enhance your leadership ability. Several management & specialty opportunities are available for qualified candidates.
We are more than the average duck, at Aflac, you will represent the #1 company in our industry, a world leader in voluntary benefit plans for employers – protecting more than 50 million people worldwide!
- The Fortune 500 (NYSE stock symbol: AFL)
- Fortune's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for 18 consecutive years, as well as one of the 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials
- We are ranked No. 1 overall for life and health insurance for the second consecutive year also by Fortune
- Ethics matter, Fortune has named Aflac as one of America's Most Admired Companies for 17 consecutive years
- Ethisphere Magazine included Aflac on its list of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the 12 consecutive years
- Training Magazine listed Aflac as one of the Top 125 Companies with Outstanding Workforce Development Programs for 11 years.
- Aflac received an A.M. rating of “A+ (superior)” by A.M. Best