Operate within the Organization’s Financial, Legal, and Ethical Policies: This position is responsible for informing senior management of operational, budgetary or resource issues/obstacles in a timely fashion. They must be familiar and comply with company rules and policies. They will lead by example and model behaviors that are consistent with the company’s values.
- Demonstrates self-starting and initiates ideas and issues that need to be resolved: Goes beyond expecatations in the assignment, task or job description without being asked. Demonstrates a positive attitude towards getting things done. Digs beneath the obvious to get at the facts, even when not asked to do so.
- Passion for thriving in a complex, ever-changing start-up environment: This position will be adaptable and will thrive in ambiguous situations. They will be driven by urgency and intolerant of complacency.
- Adaptability: This position will look for ways to make changes work rather than only identifying why change will not work. Adapts to change quickly and easily. Makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of changes. Shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques, resulting from departmental change.
- Attention to Detail: Double-checks the accuracy of information and work product ot provide accurate and consistent work. Carefully monitors the details and quality of own and others’ work. Expresse concern that htings be done right, thoroughly, and precisely.
- Execute departmental vision and strategy with the leader of the group: This position will be responsible for supporting the departmental vision, strategy and operating goals. Within their areas of responsibility, they are responsible for building a culture of accountability and success. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that this vision is clearly communicated to all members of their team and it is reinforced on an ongoing basis until the department is aligned to and executes the vision. Bias for the right action is critical for success.
- Effectively lead department: This individual will take an active role in building and developing a strong, results-driven team. Will partner with HR Department to ensure the department is properly staffed and trained. Will reinforce a positive working environment by modeling a positive leadership style, ongoing communications with the team, celebrating success and rewarding outstanding performance. Will provide leadership and management skills to build a cohesive Operations team. This position will also take an active role in the development of the team by training, coaching and mentoring them in preparation for future growth.
- Performance analysis and judgement: Analyze complex data analytics and make ongoing decisions to improve performance and maintain or exceed client expectations. This individual will collaborate with the centralized Analytics team to develop and manage reporting to operate the department from both operational and financial perspectives. They will need the ability to conduct ad-hoc analysis to make decisions to direct operations accordingly, and also to provide in-depth updates to client personnel.
- Relationship Management: This role will participate in communications and updates with key clients; including presenting at client meetings, sharing appropriate reports, listening and understanding key client concerns etc. They will assist in coordinating monthly status updates with the customer and be the point of contact for senior management at key customers. They will be responsible for maintaining and developing a relationship with key customers, negotiating with customers, and resolving customer concerns with a high sense of urgency.
- Building Trust: Interacts with clients and the team to inspire confidence. Operates with integrity by being timely, open, and by keeping commitments. Shares ideas, feelings, points of view and rationale openly with the ability to be humble and vulnerable.
- Financial Accountability: This position will ensure achievement of financial goals through forecasting, budgeting, strategic planning, reporting and monitoring financial performance. This individual will analyze business/financial data and develop innovative solutions. They manage the department budget and ensure timely and accurate reporting and will make adjustments and updates, as necessary, to ensure financial results are achieved.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related operational experience as a regional operations leader is required, preferably in a small box retail environment.
- Experience successfully leading a team or department, preferably in a high growth environment
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, customers, and senior management
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and customer to take desired action
- Ability to balance client needs and demands with process and integrity, and guide client and team appropriately
- Ability to quickly gain respect of executives and other internal/external customers
- Proactive, forward-thinking and passionate about Operations
- Ability to effectively share knowledge across competencies and mentor members of the team
- Strong financial acumen
- Addresses challenges directly in a constructive manner in order to resolve issues quickly
- Ability to communicate clearly and directly
- Strong ability to work with a variety of personality types
- Ability to gather insight from a variety of sources (e.g., people, documentation, outside sources)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Viewed as a trusted leader within the company and project teams
- Must welcome responsibility, challenge, and decision-making
- A strategic thinker who can contribute to an operations strategy while also being tactical and hands-on in the rollout of operational initiatives
- Domestic travel upwards of 20%
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.