Start Date: 9/2/2019
A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from an accredited university and New York State Teacher Certification are required.
Experience & Skills
- Teaching experience required.
- Experience in charter school preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the subjects taught
- Demonstrate the ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students, keep clear and organized records i.e., conference logs, attendance, anecdotes and portfolios to document student progress.
- Prepare students effectively in order to demonstrate optimum performance on standardized tests, promote academic rigor and success for all students.
- Ability to communicate with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program, utilize a variety of appropriate materials and resources.
- Must have the ability to maintain an organized, structured, and disciplined classroom environment to maximize instruction, maintain an effective system of assessments in the monitoring and planning for student progress
- Provide students with the foundations of Spanish Language history and appreciation.
- Provide students with the opportunities to apply their skills in reading, writing, speaking and appreciation of other cultures.
- Integrate music, movement, and art within Spanish lessons
- Keep self and organization current with arts teaching practices
- Comply with school policies and regulations.
- Work cooperatively with all staff.
- Relate positively to parents and other community members.
- Be prompt and accurate with required records and reports.
- Be an active member of one or more school educational committees.
- To engage change in professional development individuality, in teams and as part of all staff activities.
- Use student performance data to tailor and differentiate curriculum to individual students and to determine small groupings and modifications.
- Plan effectively and successfully demonstrate implementation of lesson plans and curriculum unit plans
- Develop and utilize developmentally appropriate assessment instruments.
- Use available technology/instructional media to enhance the student’s learning experiences
- Assists with the supervision or lunch and recess
- Provide small group instruction and intervention as needed for our English Language program