Sr. Applications Manager
Our role of Sr. Application Manager owns enterprise application responsibilities including helping stakeholders make informed decisions about options, issues, benefits and risks.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Over site of application functionality and governance.
- Manage a small in-house team for application administration and business analysis.
- Manage consulting partners for service delivery.
- Be a hands-on manager, understanding setups, controls and capabilities of the ERP system and other key applications.
- Broad business knowledge with the ability to navigate cross-functional processes and ensuing issues for resolution.
- Understand the FMCG/food manufacturing processes including:
- Food manufacturing and food safety including recall and product traceability requirements
- Has or gains a deep understanding of how D365 Finance and Operations processes transactions, the interdependency of the functional areas and the capabilities of the system
- A general understand of all Monogram systems, their purpose, key users and dependencies
- Ability to evaluate business processes to aid in the design and configuration of a system solution.
- Challenge status quo and make recommendations to the business process to bring efficiency and accuracy to data collection and recording.
- Manage application upgrades and implementations.
- Reach into new business domains and understand the requirements and solutions.
- Provides system configuration guidance for changes as required.
- Troubleshoot application bugs or issues with internal or external resources, work with users to develop a work around until a solution is applied; manage the solution resolution.
- Ensures governance is properly implemented as new users or system changes are implemented.
- Acts as a consultant to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with team members and business partners to define and implement requirements and provide guidance during the testing and quality assurance steps of the software life cycle development process.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology discipline or 10 or more years of related experience.
- Experience working on large-scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business.
- Experience working in a large organization with a complex ERP system; Microsoft D365 / AX experience is a plus
Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
Strong project management, strong relationship building skills and communication skills
Process based approach to projects with a strong focus on governance
Good communication skills including executive level presentations
Data analysis – must have proficiency Microsoft Excel
Works well as a team member or a team lead
Works well across all levels of the organization.