The Commercial & Project Finance Analyst’s role is (i) to partner with the business streams to ensure that sales & profit are optimized and effectively managed and (ii) to play a key role in driving the analysis of future project finance efforts, including major capex projects and acquisitions. The Analyst will drive analyses pertaining to (i) sales and margin management, (ii) major capital investments, and (iii) acquisition due diligence for all levels of management. Responsibilities include forecasting and analysis of revenue, operating expenses, capital investments, and acquisition opportunities using information obtained from a variety of cross-functional groups and systems, as well as financial modeling to assist management in achievement of both short-term and long-term goals.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Partner with Sales team to forecast and analyze Revenue, Volume, and Profit.
- Compile and analyze financial reports to enable more effective day-to-day management of business profitability via KPIs and reporting processes tailored to better understand business results and drive changes in business unit performance.
- Develop Return on Invested Capital and Return on Sales analysis that lead to appropriate go/no-go decisions, monitor/report on investment progress, evaluate performance of investment vs. expectations, and perform post-audits of assumptions for future analysis improvements.
- Drive M&A financial modeling, due diligence and financial tracking of targets
- Contribute to the formulation of Corporate Strategy by developing medium to long-term operational and capital expenditure forecasts to help inform the group’s annual strategic planning & budgeting process.
- Foster strong relationships with business units by establishing a customer service culture within the Commercial & Project Finance Teams.
- Prepare Board Reporting & Forecasting for the operational aspects of the business, including management of operational risks & opportunities.
- Construct financial analyses for potential capital restructurings
- Develop and maintain Monogram performance metrics and benchmarking comparisons versus peers and competitors to drive company goal-setting efforts
- Track market metrics by analyzing peer group performance and monitoring comparable acquisitions and other market research
- Maintaining multiple virtual datarooms for internal and external parties
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar field.
- 2+ years accounting or finance experience (commercial, project or M&A finance) in analytical roles.
- Must possess advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and financial modeling
- Other required experience:
- Business metric evaluation and strong analytical skills
- Budgeting & Forecasting for multiple business units
- Understanding of various valuation techniques and metrics in order to evaluate opportunities
- Proven experience at analyzing financial statements and capital structures
- Communicating well internally/externally, building strong relationships, influencing and presenting at a senior level
- Key Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Passion and Can-Do Attitude
- Takes Ownership and Accountability
- Organized and Hits Deadlines
- Analytical Thinking
- Understanding of computer systems/technology to obtain data