Are you interested in joining a team that provides support for special needs youth in your community? Come join the team at Avalon!!!
New Yosemite provides comprehensive services for youth with developmental disabilities and/or autism. We help youth to rapidly improve problematic behaviors and return to live with their families over the course of a few weeks. New Yosemite's strengths include its intensive approach, a diverse and multidisciplinary group of staff, excellent clinical and behavioral training opportunities from experienced residential program leaders, compassion for youth and families, and an ability to flexibly support youth with complex situations.
The Company: Fred Finch Youth Center has been serving children and young adults with mental and intellectual disabilities for more than a century.
Position: Full time Assistant Residential Counselor position at our Oakland location.
- The Assistant Residential Supervisor for the residential program works with the Residential Manager in monitoring residents within the residence as well as staff assigned to that residence. The Assistant Residential Supervisor is also responsible for assisting the Residential Manager with scheduling of staff, crisis intervention, training, interviewing applicants, reference checking, and participating in agency in-service trainings.
- B.A. Degree in a social science field or equivalent years' experience working in residential setting with this or a similar population, OR two years' full-time experience in a residential setting or working with the population served. B.A. Degree and work experience strongly preferred.
- Meet the minimum training and experience requirements of CA's Division of Community Care Licensing.
- Experience with or knowledge of designing, supervising, monitoring, changing, and discontinuing individualized behavioral interventions(Preferred).
- One (1) or more years' experience with program target population preferred (Example: intellectually disabled, homeless, teens or young adults, emotionally disturbed); at least one year experience with program modality (example: school-based, residential, mobile/community-based, assertive community treatment, wraparound, etc.)(Preferred).
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options).
- Employer matching 401(k) retirement plan.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible Spending Account (both medical and dependent care).
- 8 Paid holidays.
- 21 days of Paid Time Off
HOW TO APPLY:
Click here to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2130449