Are you interested in making your community a better place? Come join the team at STAY!!!
Supportive Housing for Transition Age Youth (STAY) provides a comprehensive range of support services in Alameda County for transition age youth (TAY) 18 through 24 that have significant mental health disabilities and are homeless or at risk of homelessness. STAY primarily uses the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model as the basis for delivering employment services.
The Company: Fred Finch Youth Center has been serving children and young adults with mental and intellectual disabilities for more than a century.
POSITION: Part-Time Family Partner position at our Oakland location.
- Provides support to parents/family members and program participants in home or community settings.
- empowers parents/family members to develop goals, and assists families in voicing concerns and engaging in services.
- conducts outreach to families in the community whose teens or young adults might benefit from program services.
- Demonstrates understanding of family-focused, strength-based practices, and team-based, recovery-oriented services.
- Experience advocating, preferably as the family member, for someone who has received mental health or other services.
- Prior parent mentoring, along with warmth in working with families from diverse backgrounds, preferred.
- Case management, familiarity with symptoms of mental illness, and client record keeping experience desired.
- Familiarity with North and Central Alameda County communities preferred.Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends when needed.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends when needed.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options).
- Employer matching 401(k) retirement plan.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible Spending Account (both medical and dependent care).
- 8 Paid holidays.
- 21 days of Paid Time Off
HOW TO APPLY:
Click on the link below to apply https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2218421