Reimbursement Specialist Role: The Reimbursement Specialist thrives at the front line of STAT Revenue. Reimbursement Specialists directly affect communities around the country by capturing lost revenue for hospitals. In turn, hospitals utilize this revenue to provide essential services and support for their communities.
Through extensive telephone and written correspondence, they pursue insurance companies for underpaid accounts. They substantiate accurate reimbursement through correct contract terms, billing practices and compliance with state and federal guidelines. Reimbursement Specialists adapt and assimilate newly found information from insurers to more effectively pursue and collect accurate payment. They need to be quick thinking, organized, and analytical.
Other responsibilities include:
• Research and analyze hospital contracts with insurance companies
• Communicate with insurance companies to recoup revenue on the hospital's behalf
• Adapt to unique hospital software and database systems
• Handle details of confidential and critical nature
Job Qualifications: We provide extensive training in order to support the Reimbursement Specialist but a few key traits will benefit you immensely:
• Ability to interact with customer service representatives in a persistent and professional manner
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Access, Excel, Word)
• Outstanding research, math, and analytical skills
• Team-oriented with the ability to work independently to solve problems
• Multi-project flexibility and ability to multi-task
• Diligent and strong attention to detail