ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare isolated adult animal cardiomyocytes for contractility assays
- Use pre-established experimental designs to plan, and execute myocyte contractility and Ca2+ transient assays
- Be responsible for data collection, organization and record keeping
- Identify, communicate and triage assay anomalies during data collection or analysis of experimental results
- Propose solutions to technical issues: proactively seek out senior team member to discuss potential resolutions to problems
- Collaborate with colleagues and team members to provide robust data
- Understand and follow IACUC approved protocols for animal use
- Flexibility to start (and leave) work early 2-3 times/week to initiate protracted experiments (~7:00 AM)
- Requires a BS in physiology, pharmacology, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of animal handling experience in a pharmaceutical industry or academic research lab setting
- Experience in pharmaceutical science, preferably in pharmaceutical industry focusing on cardiovascular science.
- Familiarity with cellular electrophysiology advantageous, but non-essential
- Hands-on experience with animal handling (mice and rats), and tissue collection, particularly heart.
- Ex vivo adult rat cardiac myocyte isolation and myocyte contractility experience a plus