Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritional and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
DEPARTMENT: Contracts and Pricing
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Strategic Pricing Analyst should have a passion for working with the Commercial Team and customers, as well as, analyzing data and providing insights for actionable business decisions. This position requires a motivated self-starter, driven by accomplishment and accountability with strong attention to detail and adaptable to changing requirements and priorities.
Develop contracts for assigned sales channels and ensure alignment with approved contracting and pricing guidelines and strategy.
- Implement and monitor pricing strategies to ensure profitability optimization and alignment with overall company strategy.
- Analyze current pricing and competitive pricing to recommend opportunities to increase market share and/or identify organic growth opportunities.
- Qualify sales opportunity for appropriate business contracting arrangement while providing decision support to sales and marketing teams.
- Coordinate legal review and approval of contracts. Develop and deliver proposal presentations to customers and spearhead negotiation of contractual arrangements.
- Proactively monitor strategy performance and advise management of trends and/or necessary actions.
- Ensure assigned Sales Channels adhere to approved contracting and pricing guidelines.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and performing other duties as assigned by management
- Note: This job description describes the principal and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job as they currently exist, but is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent representation.
- Strong data analysis skills
- Ability to analyze a variety of information, to quickly draw relevant conclusions, and to summarize and communicate results effectively.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team.
- Ability to interface comfortably and effectively with all levels within the organization and external customers.