ICME, seeks an Administrative Specialist, to act as the primary point of contact for ICME students and guests in day-to-day inquiries and operational matters. The Administrative Specialist also manages ICME events throughout the year, working with ICME staff and other Stanford departments (finance, event services, etc). You will perform a variety of duties including creating and editing communications, reports and spreadsheets; scheduling and managing events and meetings; monitoring and handling reimbursements; and maintaining office supplies.
Are you personable and proactive? Do you partner well with others? Then this position may be the right fit for you!
Your responsibilities include:
- Main point of contact for ICME students and guests
- Financial transaction support (purchasing, reimbursements, PCard)
- Event management – coordinating dates, rooms, AV, catering and other logistics
- Producing seminar communications targeting the community– via email, Slack, ICME website
- General admin support including updating website an maintaining mailing list, room reservations
- Assisting in scheduling TA office hours
- Administrative support for HIVE (visualization lab)
- Interacting with Stanford Finance, Event Services and facilities departments to ensure smooth operations of the department events and suite maintenance
- May also guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness