The senior budget analyst will own and lead several important financial processes. These include leading the development of the school’s consolidated budget, leading individual departments and units with the development of their consolidated budgets, developing and maintaining a multi-year school-level financial forecast to assist the dean with long-range planning, and management and forecasting of the dean’s financial commitments. The analyst will conduct variance analysis and other reporting and analysis to provide insights into school operations.
Your responsibilities include:
- Perform highly analytical, complex finance and control functions; multi-dimensional and complex reconciliations and related analysis; prepare or review and approve complex transactions and higher level dollar value transactions.
- Research, and synthesize data for broad areas; develop complex financial analyses, budget and forecasting scenarios, long-range planning, and analyses. Perform root-cause analysis and synthesis, draw conclusions, and propose solutions.
- Develop complex financial reports and presentations, design and run ad hoc reports, and prepare or review complex transactions to support the stewardship of university resources. Provide consultation to senior leadership to interpret results.
- Prioritize, identify, and resolve strategic and unit/department issues; recognize exceptions, recommend and develop resolutions and implement solution. Ensure effective and efficient delivery and integration of all financial services for area of responsibility.
- Design an effective system of internal controls for area of responsibility utilizing strategic analysis of interrelationships of financial processes, policies, and procedures; implement and ensure compliance programs.
- Lead multiple complex, high-visibility process innovation projects. Develop, champion and implement strategic initiatives with significant impact. Empower action, remove obstacles, enable constructive feedback and support from leaders, and reward and recognize progress and achievements.
- Develop, assess, and continuously improve systems and processes to achieve greater efficiencies and improve internal controls. Design and provide training on new financial systems.
- Analyze problems in business critical systems, and identify risks, solutions, and strategies; act as business owner of project.
- Represent organization to client group(s) and leaders: serve as subject matter expert on matters that involve complex technical, financial, or subject matter expertise.
- Assess client and business needs, and formulate recommendations to determine approach to managing and completing processes.
- May supervise, train, coach, and review the work of other staff, as needed. Contribute primarily through applying individual expertise.