We are looking for an analytical and highly organized analyst to join our Digital and Retail Banking team. The Digital & Retail Banking Business Analyst will be responsible for performance analysis on retail products and operations to help the credit union to reach strategic initiatives. In this role you will also leverage your expert statistical modeling skills to provide strategic recommendations to the team, and provide detailed insights into specific business needs.
Here's what you can expect from the job and what you need to be successful:
- Engage with business units and stakeholders to define scope of effort, work deliverables, and project plans and help resolve/escalate issues as needed to successfully deliver project(s).
- Provide statistical and analytical support to key stakeholders, managers, and executives by creating institutional and ad-hoc reports.
- Define metrics to drive the business forward and turn data into valuable insights by leveraging creative solutions; communicate insights to key stakeholders.
- Perform data segmentation analysis to support program enhancement and promotional campaigns.
- Perform analysis activities (on systems, products, process and/or procedures) for business units to improve core functions, growth and profitability.
- In partnership with key stakeholders including Business Intelligence team, analyze, test and launch new initiatives to increase product penetration.
- Assist in verifying correctness and completeness of the data model, data relationships, mappings and definitions for the functional business areas.
- Assist in the review and research of new technology to help improve efficiency across the Digital and Retail Banking areas.
- Reviews NPS Survey responses, develop additional analysis and makes recommendations to the VP, Digital and Retail Banking , that will enhance the member experience while meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Development and maintain a system to show progress of strategic initiatives success.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Minimum 3 years' previous experience in an analyst role.
- Financial institution strongly preferred but not required.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with co-workers and in the completion of duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to provide insights and make strategic business recommendations through presentations, reports, and analysis.