Stanford Federal Credit Union (SFCU) is a top 100 mission-driven credit union serving the Stanford community (faculty, students, staff, hospitals, and alumni) as well as over 250 market leading businesses including Amazon, AT&T, Cisco, Costco, Daimler-Chrysler, Genentech, Facebook, Google, Oracle, Pinterest, Roche, Samsung, SAP, Tesla, Verizon, and many others. We have an opening for a dynamic Director of Engineering to lead, develop, and grow our software development team. This is a high impact, highly visible role looking for an experienced player/coach who will report to the Chief Product Officer.
Who YOU are:
• Passionate about leveraging technology to delight our members
• 6+ years of experience in SaaS product development
• 2+ years leading software development teams
• Have a bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science
• Thrive in a collaborative, mission-driven work environment where our come first
What you’ll DO:
• Build, mentor, and manage the internal team, as well as vendors and third-party contractors, in a hybrid development environment that includes integration of multiple vendor platforms
• Partner with product management to develop quarterly and annual product roadmaps, resource and budgeting plans, and success metrics for the development team
• Define and develop best practices (people, process, and technology) for planning and execution of product delivery programs including software development lifecycle (SDLC) and release management processes for enterprise applications
• Deliver market leading consumer and small business financial services including checking, savings, CDs, home mortgages, credit & debit cards, personal and small business loans, investment services, etc.
• Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen SFCU’s technology platform and development practices
• Influence others by demonstrating professionalism, passion/enthusiasm, providing communication/motivation, and building on our strong collaborative environment
• Track record of building and launching market leading, scalable SaaS products and/or platforms
• Experience in consumer and small business financial services a strong plus. Experience with Fiserv DNA, Q2 OLB, Mortgage Cadence LFC, CheckFree, Temenos or other banking and lending platforms even better.
• Development of functional and technical design documents based on business, market, and product requirement specifications.
• Full stack software application development familiarity covering DevOps, database, back-end, front-end, and mobile development platforms such as HTML5, CSS, JS, AngularJS, REACT, Perl, Python, Node.JS, .Net, Apache, Nginx, IIS, MySQL, Mongo DB, CI/CD, iOS, Android, etc.
• Experience with both waterfall and Scrum/Agile SDLC methodologies
• Ability to design and develop using Object Oriented design principles and software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability
• Experienced in application performance testing and unit testing strategies and implementation
• Experience in one of the following cloud technologies: Azure, AWS, Google, OpenStack
• Familiarity with multi-system integration and common issues that can arise when integrating enterprise technologies including SDKs, APIs, and API management platforms such as Apigee, Mulesoft, Mashery, etc. This will include driving transformation of our environments toward public, private and hybrid IaaS and PaaS cloud technologies as and when appropriate.
• Ability to facilitate discussions among developers to exchange ideas, introduce new technologies, and to build consensus among the team. Some of our
BENEFITS for YOU:
• 100% paid for employee medical/vision/dental/life insurance premiums
• Quarterly bonuses
• 5% employer 401(k) matching
• Annual 401(k) profit sharing contribution
• Up to $500 per year in health/fitness benefits
• Employee recognition program and benefits
• iPhone/technology/equipment for efficient working environment
• Paid Sick Time and Vacation
• Federal/banking holidays
• Ongoing training and education, seminars, conferences, etc.
• Employee discount loan program (auto/mortgage/credit card depending on eligibility)
• Flex health/transit plan availability
• Employee carpool benefit (for certain geos)
If you are ready for this awesome opportunity (or know somebody who is) please contact us today!