At Lower, we are growing! We are seeking to hire an enthusiastic individual ready to continue their career as a mortgage Loan Advisor. As a tech-centered online mortgage and refinancing company, Lower aims to assist people that are making home financing decisions through a transparent and accessible process.
The Loan Advisor will be responsible for effectively generating mortgage loan production by responding to phone and web based customer inquiries, leads and referrals to communicate with prospective borrowers. This position is the backbone of Lower by continually bringing in and closing loans to generate revenue for the company. When working in this position you will work directly with our Direct to Consumer sales team.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Extended Benefit Offerings Including:
- Maternity Leave
- Life Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Lower in the market in a positive manner and network to create additional loan opportunities for yourself and the company.
- Responsible for working with phone and web generated leads to close business.
- Originate quality loans by selling loan products and services to clients.
- Interview prospective borrowing to analyze financial and credit data to determine customer’s
- financing objectives.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product information and outstanding customer service.
- Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability, or specifications.
- Present price, credit and terms in accordance with company standards and regulatory
- Educate customers about features and benefits of products in order to improve customer satisfaction and increase sales.
- Attendance, promptness, professionalism, the ability to pay attention to detail, cooperativeness with co-workers and management, and excellent customer service.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of industry products, policies and procedures, underwriting requirements, conventional and governmental loan requirements, operations and compliance regulations.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide alternatives.
- Ability to acquire national (NMLS) and applicable state licenses, if not already obtained.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Lower provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.