JOB SUMMARY: Manages all activities related to the Division’s warehousing and transportation operations, ensuring that Division and Company objectives for efficiency, economy, quality and productivity are met or exceeded.
- Plans, implements and monitors the day to day operations for the Division’s Distribution function including analyzing operating data and reports, determining manpower needs and monitoring adherence to standards to ensure business plan objectives are met or exceeded. (25%)
- Manages assigned staff, including selecting employees, assigning work, providing training and development, evaluation performance and building a motivated, effective team to ensure that organizational goals for diversity, career development, productivity, performance management and employee involvement are met. (20%)
- Periodically audits operational procedures and programs related to distribution and implements necessary improvements to achieve expectations for availability, storage, sanitation, security and delivery of inventory. Periodically audits operational procedures and programs related to distribution and implements necessary improvements to achieve timeliness and accuracy goals and customer satisfaction. (15%)
- Develops, audits and controls budget for warehouse and transportation departments and ensures that operational costs are within plan. Manages the purchase and/or leasing and maintenance of all distribution equipment including tractors/trailer/material handling devices to achieve safety, longevity and efficiency objectives. (10%)
- Ensures compliance with all customer, governmental and Company directives and policies and ensures the preparation and distribution of all relevant reports and quality analyses summaries. (10%)
- Communicates with Division management and employees and provides relevant reports and analyses to ensure appropriate decision-making. Conducts analyses on special project assignments. (10%)
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary. (10%)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in related or applicable field.
5+ years of work experience in similar transportation/food distribution environment, including administrative responsibilities.