Supervises day-to-day transportation functions to ensure driver performance, customer satisfaction, and that Department and Company objectives for efficiency, reliability, and productivity are met or exceeded.
1. Plans, implements, and monitors day-to-day transportation operations, including analysis of on-time reports, delivery reliability, off-load rate, and manpower needs. (25%)
2. Reviews and schedules daily routing of equipment and manpower to meet customer needs in terms of contractual guidelines, special deliveries, supplemental deliveries, opening orders, etc. (20%)
3. Resolves equipment failures or break-downs, providing advice and assistance to drivers, as well as submitting appropriate reports to leasing/maintenance provider for service and repair. (15%)
4. Motivates employees, including performance evaluation, counseling, and problem resolution, to achieve a positive work environment. (20%)
5. Supervises employees, including conflict resolution, and disciplinary action as required. (10%)
6. Updates routing programs (Turnpike, CADEC) on a daily basis, including review of drivers’ on-board computer reports to ensure that goals for efficiency and timeliness are met. (10%)
7. Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor’s degree in management, business, or logistics from an accredited college or university.
3 to 6 years of work experience in transportation or food distribution, including supervisory responsibilities