This position is responsible for ensuring the maximum effectiveness and efficiency of the Integrated System operations of the Philadelphia One-Stop system. This position manages and facilitates the overall operation of the Integrated Centers, Cross-Center Services providers, and additional adult workforce service programs ensuring all goals and standards are met as outlined by the funding sources and the department’s goals and objectives. This position ensures the contractors across the system are working as a team in concert with one another to achieve the system goals and implementing the system strategies.
- Oversee the operations of the Integrated Centers along with the Cross-Center Services provider to ensure all contractors are in compliance with funding source requirements: (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA).
- Manage Program Representatives and Program Monitoring staff to ensure they are providing effective support and monitoring to provider staff.
- Develop strategies to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the Centers’ and Cross-Center Services’ operations along with the specific programs within it.
- Work with provider leadership to ensure the center and cross-center services contractors support the implementation of all service delivery models.
- Participate in formulating and administering contractual goals and objectives as it relates to the One-Stop system and with specific programs within the centers and cross-center services.
- Evaluate performance management reports to analyze center and cross-center contractors’ performance. Make recommendations to Director of Workforce Operations.
- In collaboration with Director of Workforce Operations and Research Policy, and Innovation review analyses of activities, operations and forecast data to determine contractor’s progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with Integrated Center and Cross-Center Services contractors’ leadership along with the Operator and Philadelphia Works staff in the identification and recommendation of training for center and cross-center services staff.
- Work collaboratively with other managers in Operations Unit to ensure effective communication and coordination of services across all systems.
- Work collaboratively with the One-Stop Operator concerning the PA CareerLink certification process, annual monitoring visits by Labor & Industry, and other WIOA and TANF mandated processes for compliance.
- Advise, consult and coordinate with internal business units, to address any issues.
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
- Assist in writing the WIOA Local Plan.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Public Policy, Public Administration, Organizational Development or related field with at least 5 – 7 years of experience in Human Services and at least 5 years of management experience. Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable
Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of social services programs and funding sources compliance
- Experience with human services program design and implementation
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment and possess the flexibility to multi task and meet departmental needs
- Ability to train, motivate and build a cohesive team
- Ability to build solid relationships that engender trust
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff, management, government officials, and the public
- Ability to generate innovative ideas and effectively communicate them verbally and in writing
- Ability to comprehend system wide strategy/vision and communicate it to stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to move ideas and vision to implementation successfully
- Ability to assess the strengths of others and maximize them to accomplish goals and work objectives
- Knowledgeable and lead by example
- Ability to travel to various locations throughout the city
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite; Word, Excel, and Outlook specifically