Tyndale Company, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and supplier of men’s protective work wear apparel to electric utilities and oil and gas companies, Our rapid growth has presented an opportunity for a newly created senior level Director of Manufacturing to provide strategic oversight and direct management for all aspects of the merchandising, design, sourcing, manufacturing, quality, and delivery of our Tyndale-branded product line.
All Tyndale manufacturing is performed by contractors in the United States. Design, markers, materials sourcing, and contractor management are all performed in-house and will be managed by this position. There are currently three department managers that will report to this position, for a total staff size of eight. The overall size and scope of the manufacturing organization is expected to grow with the addition of this position, and increasing market opportunities for the business.
Although Tyndale is a significant distributor of leading workwear brands, such as Carhartt, Wrangler, Dickies, Ariat and others, we view our house brand as a significant competitive advantage and differentiator. The Director of Manufacturer will be the position with prime responsibility for this area of the business.
This role requires professional knowledge and proven career expertise in garment manufacturing including raw material specification and procurement, selecting, scheduling, and managing domestic contract manufacturing, pattern, marker and product development, and product line merchandising management. The position will closely partner with and report to the Vice President of Supply Chain.
The Director will enjoy a position on Tyndale’s senior-level strategic planning team, which sets mid- and long-term initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Direct management and coordination of the activities of the Pattern & Marker Manager, Materials Manager, and Facilities Manager, and their associated departments, to ensure a reliable and consistent manufacturing of Tyndale line of clothing.
- Primary responsibility for the merchandising and management of Tyndale’s branded flame resistant product line, to include creation and management of all available styles, silhouettes, colors, offered sizes, etc. This includes working with your team to maintain and continuously enhance garment designs, manufacturing specifications, and quality standards for all Tyndale-branded garments.
- Manage the Pattern and Marker Department, including timely and accurate creation of patterns, markers, product enhancements, and tech packets to support ongoing manufacturing and new product development efforts.
- Manage the Manufacturing Materials Department, including fabric and trim vendor management, sourcing, cost negotiations, forecast development and sharing, cost roll-ups, and purchasing/receiving activities.
- Manage the Manufacturing Facilities Department, including scheduling, site visits, workflow engineering, product enhancements and relationship management activities with six domestic apparel manufacturing contractors.
- Ensure garments are produced to our quality standards on time and on schedule.
- Maintain quality-control programs to meet Tyndale’s quality standards, including performance-to-standard requirements and reports.
- Facilitate improvements to the Tyndale line and recommend product life cycle changes.
- In consultation with the VP of Supply Chain, develop long- and short-range strategies keeping the Tyndale line of clothing cost competitive as well as contributing to new product launches and acceptance.
- Responsible for the preparation and execution to performance of the Manufacturing Department’s budgets.
- Other actives as directed by the VP of Supply Chain.
- Degree in Business, Apparel, or related field or five (5) years of relative Tyndale experience, with sustained “Exceeds” performance level.
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience with at least five (5) full-time direct-employed reports.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in garment manufacturing, with factory floor experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in apparel contract manufacturing preferred;
- Experience (direct or managed) in men’s apparel design;
- Experience (direct or managed) in Gerber pattern-making software;
- Experience in working with an integrated manufacturing system and forecasting;
- Track record of change management experience;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Strong negotiating and team building skills;
- Demonstrate high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong demonstrated leadership and good judgment;
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Bi-Lingual in English/Spanish is a plus;
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunity;
- A Top Workplace rated culture, focused on Work/Life Balance;
- Employee clothing allowance & product discount;
- Comprehensive employee focused benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision insurance; 401K with company match; paid holidays, Jury Duty and Bereavement leave;
- Complete Wellness program includes free healthy snacks, on-site fitness equipment, On-Demand fitness classes, and a corporate discount on health-tracking devices;
- Generous Paid Time off Package.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply on our website, www.tyndaleusa.com/careers.