CGI, a leader in providing IT and Business Processing Outsourcing Services, is seeking a professional Instructional Designer to design and develop learning and practicing experiences. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner for the implementation of a CGI product.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with CGI’s Emerging Industries group and our industry-leading Utilities product. You will be exposed to diverse project environment and work with seasoned client personnel in helping them satisfy critical regulatory obligations. The role requires working with both business and technology groups and has high upward visibility – reporting directly to the Training Manager for this initiative.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances knowledge retention and transfer for the new work process and new technology being implemented
• Create educational material for traditional, classroom-style training sessions and web-based courses.
• Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
• State instructional end goals and create content that matches them
• Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
• Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
• Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
• Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
• Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
• Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
• Maintain project documentation and course folders
• 5+ years of experience with BS or 3+ with MA as a Training Designer
• Expertise in Visio, PowerPoint
• Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
• Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
• Lesson and curriculum planning skills
• Visual design skills, such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. and ability to storyboard
• Knowledge of course development software, such as Captivate, Articulate, etc. and at least one Learning Management System
• Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video script
• Ability to learn and navigate the new technology being implemented by the project to take screen shots and create training scenarios
• Knowledge of SCORM standards
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill
• Self-organized and ability to multi-task
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.