Listrak, a digital marketing automation company located in Lititz, PA, is looking to grow our Product Development team with a Director of Product Architecture.This position will sit out of the office in Wayne but will require working in the Lititz office 2-3 days a week.
In this role you are responsible for the vision, maintenance and evolution of the Platform Architecture. You will be in close contact with those responsible for the product vision, roadmap strategy and design of our software systems and services. This position is a strategic leadership position where you must guide and influence technical resources to upgrade older systems and successfully and consistently integrate new architectural principles. The principal software engineers report to you and will be under your guidance for selecting, approaching and completing systems and platform architecture projects.
The output from these projects will, in turn, guide development teams and influence the approach they take. Regular maintenance of architectural documentation for review by the VP of Product and occasional presentation to larger audiences to convey our plan and status of our architectural project portfolio.
- Evaluate, identify, and influence the evolution of the Listrak application and service architecture. Define baseline and target architectures.
- Use known architecture standards like TOGAF 9.2 to guide and establish the appropriate architectural project cycle for Listrak.
- Develop, document, present, and enforce guiding architectural principles. Maintain these as business needs change and evolve.
- Engage in ongoing technology research and explore its potential use within the Listrak system.
- Work with the Director of Product Design to review and architecturally provide for our application/service designs and plans. Also collaborate to develop, catalog, and distribute all necessary application/service domain languages.
- Guide the Principal Software Engineers (PSEs) in their system evaluation, research, documentation, and implementation options.
- Regularly review the state of our architecture and update supporting documentation with the assistance of the PSEs.
- Manage the existing footprint of technological variation and work with the PSEs, Directors of Product, and other Senior Product staff to create an optimal technology transition plan, while being sensitive to the interface between the old and new approaches.
- Integrate system performance and volume projection trends into current systems design planning. Manage the risk versus the investment in all systems.
- Report up to the VP of Product outlining the state of the systems architecture, status of platform evolution projects, and current resource allocation.
- Manage Platform and Architecture project backlog along with others on the Senior Product leadership team.
- Knowledge of architectural design patterns and application of those patterns in practice
- Able to develop, maintain, and enforce enterprise architecture principles
- Familiar in practice with a known architectural project life cycle like TOGAF 9.2
- Enterprise architecture practice, experience, and knowledge
- Experience with architectural documentation and diagramming software
- Excellent analytical/organizational and decision-making skills
- Experience leading enterprise-level development teams
- Ability to manage 10+ years of technical and architectural systems
- Ability to plan and implement architecture principles in new and existing systems
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building/maintenance skills
- Understanding of Agile Development Methodologies
Education & Experience:
- BS/BE in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 3-5 years software development experience
- 3-5 years software and systems architecture experience
- 3-5 years systems engineering and operations experience