The Senior Underwriter will be responsible for all aspects of loan analysis including cash flow modeling, preparation of investment memoranda and closing of commercial real estate loans. We are lending on all major commercial property types nationwide and the underwriter must have the ability to manage client relationships and control the lending process from term sheet to close.
- Prepare and analyze Argus-based financial models including cash flow statements, rent rolls and borrower financial statements in order to determine a loan’s risk profile.
- Review and analyze third party reports including appraisal, engineering, environmental, seismic and credit reports to ensure loan compliance and identify underwriting risks.
- Develop internal deal memos for credit committee review.
- Research market information and interview market participants.
- Perform site inspections.
- Manage and help develop junior team members.
- Consistently seek opportunities to improve existing model architecture and build better financial tools for Plum.
- Proactively work to streamline commercial loan operations.
- Bachelors degree in Commercial Real Estate, Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics related field.
- 5+years commercial real estate structured finance background as an underwriter.
- Argus proficiency required.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and organizational abilities.
- Sophisticated Excel modeling skills.·
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Unequivocally detail-oriented with the ability to multitask and balance time-sensitive priorities. No request is too great or too small, too late or too early.
- Highly motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
- Early equity in a startup that is revolutionizing commercial real estate lending. Competitive package of base pay and stock options.
- Generous health, dental and vision coverage for employees and family members, along with commuter pre-tax program. Unlimited vacation policy.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the disruption of an industry and to shape the building of a company and culture.
- Chance for your direct input to be realized and put into action.
- Freedom to stretch the boundaries of your past work experience, learn skills outside of your immediate job description and grow your career.
- Autonomy, flexibility and a flat corporate structure.
After decades of experience in institutional financial services, the founders of Plum recognized the need to challenge the status quo which makes the commercial real estate (CRE) lending process opaque and cumbersome. Plum is a more agile and advisory financial technology company that combines data intelligence with best-in-class financial expertise to modernize CRE lending.
Our CEO, Bill Fisher, has decades of experience building successful startup businesses, including GetSmart.com, Xing and Trivago. Our team includes senior leaders and talent from AIG, Goldman Sachs, KKR, McKinsey, PWC, Bank of America, Meridian Capital, A10, JP Morgan, Freddie Mac, US Bank, Wells Fargo and PNC Real Estate.
In April 2018, Plum announced a Series B equity investment by the $35 billion hedge fund, Elliott Management. Plum’s Series A round in August 2015 was led by Renren Inc, who has backed other fintech companies including SoFi, LendingHome and Motif Investing. This followed an earlier seed investment by QED Investors, a pre-eminent VC firm led by the founders of Capital One, whose portfolio includes Prosper, Orchard and ApplePie Capital.
Plum is headquartered in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District in an airy, industrial loft, close to all forms of public transportation.