Footsteps Child Care, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Mandarin Teacher. This is a part-time position that may change to full-time in the future.
- Have strong teaching abilities, an understanding of child development and instructional practices in the Mandarin language, and a strong interest in the culture and language.
- Comfortable using a Mandarin curriculum.
- Have at least two years of teaching experience in an afterschool or enrichment setting, Kindergarten-Fifth Grade.
- Have at least two years of teaching experience in the Mandarin Language.
- Demonstrate a passion for the Mandarin language and culture and supporting child and youth achievement in acquiring language skills and learning the culture.
- Knowledge of concepts, theories in language instruction.
- Must meet state licensing qualifications for work in an after school environment, including a background fingerprint check.
- Legally eligible for permanent work in the U. S.
Provide engaging and enriching Mandarin language curriculum in weekly instruction blocks
- Planning of unit lessons and curriculum that supports the afterschool curricula and enhances the program.
- Provision of a spiraling curriculum and/or experiences that build annually as the child or youth develops.
- Incorporate references from historical/contemporary Mandarin history, language, and culture.