This job description will vary depending on program size and particular site needs. At times job responsibilities overlap.
High School Graduate, 18 years of age or older.
College course work in fields relating to school age children preferred. At least 6 months experience working with school-age children.
Must be able to pass fingerprint clearance through the Department of Justice prior to working.
Strong communication skills.
Ability to communicate with children and parents in a positive and respectful manner
Energetic personality and Team player
Must be punctual and reliable
First Aid/CPR certified preferred or willing to obtain certification
Under the direction of the Site Director, Assistant Director, and Teachers, the Teacher's Assistant assists with and is responsible for the following areas:
1. Maintaining safety and ensuring the welfare of all enrolled children, supervision of children during all activities, indoors and out of doors.
2. Maintenance of appropriate standards for children's discipline and behavior standards using non-punitive methods.
3. Day-to-day operation; including maintaining a harmonious and efficient work environment
4. Perform housekeeping duties as assigned, including daily preparation and clean up of snack.
5. Attend all staff meetings and other work-related functions, including special events, as required.
6. Interacting with parents when necessary or referring appropriate questions and concerns to program teachers or Directors.
7. Participate in planning program curriculum, if desired.
8. Assist in maintaining and providing periodic testing of the emergency response plan.
9. Continue to develop professional self.
10. Able to lift 40 lbs.
11. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Footsteps Child Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.