In this role, you will be responsible for Data Center performance asset recovery, and capacity planning to ensure scalability, technology lifecycle management, and adherence to existing and future Service Level Agreements General Networking experience with knowledge of TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routing and LAN/WAN topology, and Storage Attached Networks as they related to server infrastructure.
Job Functions /Responsibilities:
Maintain system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and networks and operating and system management systems.
• Build and configure Windows and Linux servers in a physical and virtual environment on Dell and Cisco hardware
• Experience working with and managing Cisco UCS Central & Management Environments
• Monitor and maintain HP/Dell/Cisco servers using vendor provided analysis tools.
• Serve as an escalation and primary contact for issues reported to or by helpdesk personnel for all server platforms.
• Configure, update, and document all aspects of hardware and software to ensure optimal performance, security and standardization.
• Works with outside vendors/contractors as needed to troubleshoot or implement hardware and software technologies.
• Primary on-call duties at least one week as part of a ~ 6 week rotation.
• Secondary responsibilities may arise (7x24 operations) to address specific scenarios outside normal rotation
• Collaborates with management, employees, and other IT technology teams to ensure information system resources meet organizational needs in accordance with established enterprise vision, mission, and values.
• Strong team player with the ability to multitask and can adapt to any situation or environment. Willingness to work in small teams or on an individual basis.
• Administering/Supporting servers in a 3rd party cloud environment (Azure, Amazon, etc…..)
• Minimum 5 years experience administering Windows Server 2008/2012 and Redhat(CentOS) Linux.
• Minimun 5 years experience with Dell, HP, and Cisco servers
• Strong understanding of VMWare and Hyper-V virtualization
• General understanding of Active Directory, Networking, and SAN technologies
• Dell Chassis/Blade Experience a plus
• Travel up to 20%