Are you empathetic, decisive, and driven by the desire to create superb user experiences? Do you enjoy solving complex problems through great design + collaboration? If so, keep reading.
Joining the team, you will have the opportunity to lead discovery and help develop a new, innovative product for our business solution. Collaborating closely with the team, you will evolve personas, capture requirements, sketch out workflows and interfaces, create prototypes, and present solutions that optimize business performance and user satisfaction.
This role will report to the Vice President of Design.
In a given week, you would...
- Conduct and document research (user interviews, usability tests, personas and user scenarios, etc…) to ensure the audience is central to the solution.
- Create design concepts (sketches, wireframes, sitemaps and task-based flows) that clearly unify audience and business goals.
- Collaborate with product teams (Product, Dev, QA) to communicate context for “Who, why, what, when, and where?” on your solutions and support their implementation
- Test ideas and rapidly incorporate user feedback.
- Stay connected through tools like Slack, Confluence and JIRA.
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Lead learning sessions with the design team, sharing your knowledge and help to refine and improve the design team’s process and deliverables.
The perfect candidate has...
- 5+ years of digital user-centric design experience.
- A degree in human-computer interaction, design, or commensurate experience.
- Online portfolio of work that demonstrates highly functional, creative design solutions, strong layout design, and solid information architecture across platforms.
- Samples of user-centric research and deliverables (customer interviews, field studies, heuristic evaluations, personas, user stories, customer journeys, etc)
- Experience with solving for and working on complex workflows.
- A track record of taking charge of the design process for entire features or products.
- Solid ability to embrace giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback and have strong communication skills to explain design decisions.
- Working knowledge of responsive web and native mobile technology (iOS, Android) for phones, tablets, and wearables (a plus).
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Google Analytics, InVision, UserTesting, UserZoom, etc.
- Flexibility and drive to quickly learn new skills to tackle a problem.
- A focus on continued learning; the ideal candidate will improve not only themselves but the teams around him or her.
- Enterprise design experience
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.