GLG is looking for a Senior Manager to join our Strategic Solutions – Projects team, to help us scale and professionalize how we staff, organize and deploy independent consultants on client engagements.
GLG Projects offers a unique alternative to traditional management consulting, which harnesses the breadth and depth of the GLG network. Our unique service platform partners top tier independent consultants with industry experts to deliver on consulting engagements. The division is growing rapidly, so this is an exciting time to be a part of our team. In this role you will work in a fast-growing, dynamic and entrepreneurial team with a broad exposure to managing the make-up of consulting teams, structuring network of independent consultants, and overseeing their development.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Talent deployment and management
- Partners with internal Projects teams to customize and staff engagement teams
- Ensures teams are purpose-driven to deliver high quality work on each project
- Collaborates, supports, but also challenges internal Projects teams on staffing decisions
- Manages the feedback loop to consultants upon project completion
- Assesses project staffing quality and incorporates feedback into future engagement decisions
Staffing pipeline management
- Creates and manages a forward-looking pipeline to ensure and schedule the availability of high-quality consultants
- Collaborates with GLG’s Council Management team to manage a community of independent consultants and subject matter experts, along with their needs, capabilities and preferences
- Closely liaises with the Council Engagement team within Projects to custom recruit independent consulting talent as needed
- Builds a tool to dynamically manage our pipeline and staffing
Outreach and relationship management
- Forms trust-based relationships with consultants and advisors, working closely with our Council Engagement team
- Manages teams of consulting partners and practice areas
- 5-7 years of consulting experience
- Previous consulting staffing or professional development experience with direct exposure to consultants is preferred
- Must be mature, perceptive, personable, collaborative and builds credibility with internal stakeholders and senior/experienced consultants
- Strong organizational, project management, problem-solving and cross-functional coordination ethic
- Skilled communicator and a genuine listener
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.