Starting Salary: $38,250
**Offers above the base are dependent on relevant experience
Department within Gateway Longview: Children & Family Treatment and Support Services
As a Community Based Mental Health Clinician with Gateway Longview, you will use your clinical experience to provide therapy, counseling, and crisis intervention in an in-home/community setting for children and their families.
Communication and collaboration will be your keys to success.
As a Mental Health Clinician, you should expect to:
- Assist children and their family to identify behavioral strengths and service needs through a comprehensive evaluation
- Create and establish a diagnosis and treatment plan that meets medical necessity
- Work collaboratively with the child and family system of care
An ideal Mental Health Clinician will...
- Be an effective relationship builder
- Be detail oriented with excellent time management skills
- Have the ability to work independently and be an enthusiastic team player
Non-negotiable – if you are applying you MUST:
- Be a licensed professional (LCSW, LCSW-R, LMHC, LMFT) with a Master’s Degree in human services or related field and minimum 2 years’ experience providing therapy to children
- Have a valid NYS Driver’s License and your own vehicle with adequate insurance and registration
- Have ability to communicate with a diverse caseload of clients from a variety of backgrounds
- Have the flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Have an unwavering ability to demonstrate Gateway Longview’s mission and core values effectively with clients, families, other staff and community contacts from a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds
Your benefits may include:
- A generous time off package, including 11 holidays and 28 days of personal time annually
- Up to a 90% contribution toward medical & dental health insurance
- Up to a 3.5% contribution to your Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition assistance and/or loan-forgiveness (a federal program)
Gateway Longview cares for over 3,600 children and families annually from across Western New York through Behavioral Health Services, Community-Based Services, Residential Treatment Services, and Special Education Services.As a not-for-profit agency, Gateway Longview is committed to working together to protect, to give hope, and to enrich the lives of every child and family served.
For a more in-depth description of this position, along with benefits offered by Gateway Longview, you can visit www.gateway-longview.org/careers.