Department within Gateway Longview: Health Services
As a Registered Nurse with Gateway Longview, you will use your nursing experience in health care to provide preventive health care and appropriate medical care for disease or injury during evening hours.
Communication, collaboration, and cultural sensitivity will be your keys to success.
As a Nurse, you should expect to:
- Perform nursing skills and procedures, including assessments and scheduling or assisting parents in scheduling necessary care with appropriate health practitioners
- Work collaboratively as a member of the treatment team by communicating essential medical information
- Assist in determining special needs and appropriate program services
- Work primarily with approximately 50 youth in the Residential Treatment program
An ideal Nurse will...
- Be an effective relationship builder
- Be detail oriented with excellent time management skills
- Exercise discretion and judgment in decision making
Non-negotiable – if you are applying you MUST:
- Be a Licensed Registered Nurse with pediatric or psychiatric experience preferred
- Be willing and able to work evening hours Monday through Friday from 2:30pm to 8pm. Must also have ability to cover day shifts due to vacations or absences as needed.
- Have a valid NYS Driver’s License
- Have an unwavering ability to demonstrate Gateway Longview’s mission and core values effectively with clients, families, other staff and community contacts from a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds
Your benefits may include:
- A generous time off package, including 11 holidays and 28 days of personal time annually
- Up to a 90% contribution toward medical & dental health insurance
- Up to a 3.5% contribution to your Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition assistance and/or loan-forgiveness (a federal program)
Gateway Longview cares for over 3,600 children and families annually from across Western New York through Behavioral Health Services, Community-Based Services, Residential Treatment Services, and Special Education Services.As a not-for-profit agency, Gateway Longview is committed to working together to protect, to give hope, and to enrich the lives of every child and family served.
For a more in-depth description of this position, along with benefits offered by Gateway Longview, you can visit www.gateway-longview.org/careers.