The successful candidate will be a forward-thinking professional with proven abilities and achievements in a relevant accounting or finance role; possess a good knowledge of accounting principles; be highly organized with a great eye for detail and be able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively as a member of a high performing team.
The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. The position is located in Linthicum, MD.
- Support most aspects of accounting management (account reconciliations, audit support, reporting etc.)
- Support the Monthly Close and Reporting Cycle. Drive the overall accounting close process in an efficient and effective manner.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Assist with journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit
- Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
- Ability and desire to work a part of a high performing Accounting / Finance team is a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience as a Staff Accountant, Accountant or other similar position
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Solid knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks, Great Plains, SAP, etc.)
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred