POSITION SUMMARY: The Audio Operator is responsible for the proficiency of television production functions and audio mixing techniques.
- Operate audio console for live and recorded television programs
- Set up microphones and IFB for talent as required
- Assist in production of commercial and promotional material
- Ability to accurately mark & save all start and end points on a digital file
- MUST BE OPEN TO WORKING NIGHTS, OVERNIGHTS AND WEEKENDS AS A STANDARD SHIFT
- MUST BE OPEN TO WORKING HOLIDAYS
- MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR OVERTIME AND ABLE TO COVER BREAKING NEWS AND STORM COVERAGE
DIRECT REPORT(S): None
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in communications preferred. High school degree required. Minimum of 1-2 years of television news experience.