POSITION: Line Producer DEPARTMENT: News
REPORTS TO: Executive Producer FLSA: Salaried Exempt
JOB CLASS: Professional LOCATION: Rye Brook, New York
POSITION SUMMARY: The Line Producer will produce an exceptional show by planning, selecting and writing compelling news stories.
- Produce news stories and segments to include story planning, selection and execution
- Show and tell compelling news story with strong visual elements
- Produce newscasts in a live and live-to-tape news wheel operation
- Effectively lead and supervise others in the production process
- Write for broadcast and internet
- Provide story showcasing – setting up stories with video, sound etc. and coordinate with reporters the elements that can be used
- Ability to use ENPS to line and stack daily news programs
- Attend meetings and actively participate – bring ideas and pitch a stories
- Prepare a postmortem on the show, prepare a solution and follow up with all players
DIRECT REPORT(S): None
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: BA/BS Degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in live television, 1 year of line producing experience in a news environment. Top-10 market preferred.