POSITION SUMMARY: The Executive Producer oversees the content and flow of multiple daily broadcasts in a complex, live and live-to-tape news operation. Must be able to mentor, lead, and coach staff members to produce engaging newscasts with accuracy and consistency.
- Supervise writing, plan story selection, graphics selection, editing, production and execution of daily newscasts and special programming
- Manage line producers and facilitate producer schedules
- Work with on-air talent, content producers and the production team to deliver a superior product
- Edit reporter scripts
- Ensure copy is written conversationally
- Work with Assignment Desk and enterprise story ideas
- Assist News Director in critiquing daily broadcasts
- Monitor content being placed on the web and come up with creative ways to engage the audience
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
DIRECT REPORT(S): Line Producers, Assignment Editors, Reporters, Editors
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: BA/BS Degree with a minimum of 5 year news producing experience. Top-10 market preferred.