Success Factors: The successful vertical Marketing Manager will have experience in the Public Safety industry and provide subject matter expertise for next generation communication technologies such as LTE, NG911, PTToC, and IoT, among others. She/he will build consistent strategies across multiple products, audiences, and distribution channels as it relates to the launch of new product features and functions. In addition, she/he will have full ownership over product marketing Go-To-Market plans. She/he will be responsible for developing strategies, tactics, and actions, and conducting primary and secondary research that will turn into clear implementation plans.
General Purpose of Job: It is critical for this position to understand Avtec’s current business model in order to develop strategies and recommendations that guide future corporate investments. This position will drive growth in existing and new market segments, quantify TAM, SAM, and SOM, and execute clear Go-To-Market plans that align with Avtec’s corporate strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Drive enterprise-wide strategic growth initiatives while assessing the impact and
effectiveness of current products and services, establishing best practices, and obtaining buy-in
from corporate stakeholders, regarding the implementation of new initiatives.
• Research, prepare, manipulate and extract data from multiple internal and external sources to
develop and execute sound market strategies.
• Identify, manage and execute specific initiatives to further improve the company's ability to
effectively design, price and bring to market new or existing products/services.
• Work effectively across corporate functions including finance, marketing, product management,
operations and sales to design and implement new products and services.
• Demonstrate knowledge of data manipulation and analytics, delivering sound business,
marketing, and SaaS models.
• Planning and conducting in-depth analyses on a variety of comprehensive business issues while
preparing comprehensive vision and recommendations.
• Manage cross-functional teams and deliver incremental quantifiable results.
• Experience with telecommunications, LTE and LMR preferred
• SaaS experience highly desired
• Minimum of 6-8 years in related jobs in similar industries
• Experience with market research and product marketing/management
• Successful track record of launching new products/services
• Solid understanding of marketing fundamentals
• Software Agile development a plus
• Clear understanding of market dynamics
• G-T-M expertise
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, IT, Business Administration (or similar field) or equivalent in experience.
• MBA preferred.
• Agile Methodology/Scrum preferred