Success Factors: The successful Security Architect will become our security Subject Matter Expert (SME) in driving Avtec products to be more secure from an architectural and design perspective. S/he will have a strong technical systems security knowledge and will continually stay abreast of new security vulnerabilities and mitigation steps. The candidate must be self-motivated and capable of providing security focused guidance in a matrixed organization. This individual must have strong internal and external customer interfacing skills since s/he will share their knowledge and expertise with others.
General Purpose of Job: Responsible for maintaining and advancing the security of our products along with sustaining Avtec’s security compliance programs. Leverages his/her knowledge internally and with Avtec partners and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with other Software Architects and Developers to ensure security vulnerabilities are addressed in new SW architectures and designs.
- Provides technical guidance to other Software Architects and Software Developers on how to resolve security vulnerabilities.
- Assesses security of existing products and develops mitigation/remediation plans.
- Selects, reviews, and coordinates the application of security controls with the engineering team.
- Advises the engineering team on development roadmap efforts necessary to meet security requirements.
- Assists with and/or conducts vulnerability scanning and penetration testing.
- Analyzes scan/pen test results and develop mitigation/remediation plans.
- Identifies other security standards and publications that are strategic for Avtec product compliance.
- Prepares system architecture diagrams and other documentation related to organizational and system security deliverables.
- Collaborates with Product Management to define the security roadmap for Avtec products.
- Actively participates on Avtec’s Security Cross Functional Team / Security Council.
- Provides security related pre-sale consultation to our sales team and customers on an as-needed basis.
- Support Avtec objectives to be thought leaders in security.
- Limited travel; less than 20%.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well both in groups and independently.
- Ability to scope effort and coordinate work to meet internal and external timelines.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong ownership, personal accountability and interpersonal skills a must.
- A can-do attitude with desire to learn, grow and contribute to the security posture of Avtec products and services.
- Growth mindset constantly looking to better oneself.
- Minimum Required:
- Experience in Visual Studio. ·
- Experience with security techniques using .NET framework ·
- Experience in database security techniques. ·
- Experience in communication protocol security techniques. ·
- Experience in software architecture and design with a focus on security / cybersecurity
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN networks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems. ·
- Working knowledge of PC hardware. ·
- Technical writing experience.
- Working knowledge of voice communications systems. ·
- Experience in an environment with mission critical voice communications dispatching systems.
- Experience analyzing results from security passive and active scans and pen tests.
- Establishing remediation recommendations. ·
- Understanding of secure communications, encryption mechanisms, and related standards
- Understanding of virtualization and cloud technologies. ·
- Experience or exposure to software development methodologies (SDLC) or development environments. ·
- Experience in external communication; customer presentations, whitepapers.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Systems Security, Cybersecurity, Information Technology or related area preferred.
- Preferred Certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
Five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent experience.