The SAP ABAP Sr. Developer will be working as a member of the SAP development team and will be responsible for the delivery of ABAP program assets based on technical specifications and may be called upon to fill gaps in specifications with expert knowledge. The ABAP Sr. Developer is expected to provide technical expertise for system design, testing, implementation and support, being his/her primary focus during the design and development phases of projects and on user support.
- To provide input into the design of SAP enhancements and roll outs, offering advice and thoughts and providing feedback.
- To develop quality code and associated documentation adhering to team and departmental development standards.
- Interface with functional teams to facilitate process improvement and develop new functionality.
- To provide SAP support including analysis, development, testing, tracking and resolution.
- To demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
- To demonstrate high level of communication skills (verbal and written).
- To participate in team activities and team planning with the aim of improving team skills, awareness and quality of work
- To engage professionally with customers when required.
Nature and Scope of Position:
- The SAP ABAP Sr. Developer works alongside the other ABAP developers and functional developers, possibly handling multiple pieces of work simultaneously. They must work with the development team as peers and be able to communicate effectively with customers.
- Core problems for the ABAP Sr. Developer are the constant drive to remain current in terms of development skills and principles while maintaining the day-to-day operational activities.
- The ABAP Sr. Developer should be able to organize their time effectively on a daily and weekly basis, reporting and requesting assistance as required.
- The ABAP Sr. Developer should be able to work independently to achieve current aims either over a fixed period of time or a specific piece of project work and should be able to prioritize effort on that basis.
- The ABAP Sr. Developer should maintain good working contacts within the department and ensure they know where to find information and responsible parties within the rest of IT. They should always maintain positive customer relationships.
- 5+ years experience developing ABAP applications
- Strong knowledge of SAP functional areas particularly FI-CO, SD and MM
- Extensive experience working on a highly customized SAP system
- Report writing using ABAP List Viewer and ABAP lists
- Sapscript and Smartforms
- Dialogue programming
- Experience with the SAP Enhancement Framework as well as User Exits
- Experience with the Data Dictionary
- ABAP Workbench
- ABAP Objects
- WebDynpro for ABAP
- Function Modules, Groups and RFC’s
- ABAP in Eclipse
- ALE and IDOC’s
- Participate in technical specification creation and interact with the functional teams
- Ability to understand functional specifications and provide correct solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and relational skills required
Highly Desired Skills:
- Adobe Document Services