School Year: 2024-25
Position: Dean of Academics
Campus: Columbus Collegiate Academy - Main St.
Reports to: School Director
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization in Columbus, Ohio. After founding its first school in 2008, it has worked together with incredible leaders to open three more schools in the span of ten years. Each USN school is an open enrollment, public charter school that works diligently to close the opportunity gap in Columbus. Moreover, the mission of all USN schools is to transform lives and our communities through the power of education, while maintaining our vision: For every child, an open door.
USN currently operates two high-performing elementary schools (K-5) and two high-performing middle schools (6-8) that serve more than 800 students. We strive to provide students with a rigorous academic experience in a joyful learning environment, and we work hard to ensure that students of all levels grow and succeed by focusing on intentional student support and continual improvement.
At United Schools Network, Deans of Academics (DOA) are school leaders focused on observing, coaching, and supporting teachers to deliver rigorous and joyful academic experiences for our students that lead to exceptional academic gains. They are responsible for establishing and maintaining standards for academic rigor as well as for implementing coherent, research-based curricula and aligned systems of student assessment and analysis. The Dean of Academics works collaboratively with the School Director and teaching staff to support diverse learners and strengthen classroom management to ensure that all students are able to grow and achieve academically.
Joining Our Team
USN Core Traits:
- Mission-Driven. USN team members believe deeply in the mission of United Schools Network: to transform lives and our communities through the power of education.
- Growth Mindset. USN team members believe in their ability, and the ability of all students, to grow and improve.
- Relationship-Driven. USN team members get proximate to students, families, and colleagues to develop authentic relationships that inform work in the classroom.
- Conscientiousness. USN team members are professional, reliable, diligent, and pay attention to detail.
- Emotionally Constant. USN team members maintain a sense of calm while addressing a number of priorities.
- Holds a B.A./B.S. degree (required); advanced degree preferred.
- Has at least three years of proven school leadership experience in urban settings with an emphasis on data-driven instruction and demonstrable gains in student achievement.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Is committed to using data-driven instructional practices and the techniques outlined in Teach Like a Champion 3.0 to improve student outcomes.
- Is relentless in writing, refining, and internalizing curriculum, lessons, and assessments.
- Is open and committed to implementing frequent feedback from team members.
- Communicates effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
- Comfortability with Google products for effective communication and completion of job responsibilities.
Terms of Employment
- Although this position will begin July 1, 2024, applications will be considered immediately.
- This is a full-time position.
- Report times are typically Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., although some job-related tasks can be expected outside of these hours.
- Salary: The starting salary for a new Dean of Academics with a Bachelor’s degree is $65,000. The starting salary for other applicants will depend on professional experience and education level.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage
- Employees are eligible to participate in the State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio (STRS) or the School Employees Retirement System of Ohio (SERS).
- All USN schools are Equal Opportunity Employers.