School Year: 2024-25
Position: Math Teacher
Campus: Columbus Collegiate Academy (Dana Ave. or Main St.)
Grade(s): 6th, 7th, or 8th Grade
Reports to: School Director
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization in Columbus, Ohio. After founding its first school in 2008, it has worked together with incredible leaders to open three more schools in the span of ten years. Each USN school is an open enrollment, public charter school that works diligently to close the opportunity gap in Columbus. Moreover, the mission of all USN schools is to transform lives and our communities through the power of education, while maintaining our vision: For every child, an open door.
USN currently operates two high-performing elementary schools (K-5) and two high-performing middle schools (6-8) that serve more than 800 students. We strive to provide students with a rigorous academic experience in a joyful learning environment, and we work hard to ensure that students of all levels grow and succeed by focusing on intentional student support and continual improvement.
USN teaching positions provide an opportunity for talented educators to support the academic and social-emotional growth of students in a classroom setting. Teachers work with content and grade-level teams to develop and internalize rigorous, aligned curriculum, establish and maintain a joyful classroom and grade-level culture, and communicate student progress consistently with families to establish authentic partnerships between school and home. In collaboration with colleagues and school leaders, teachers use data intelligently to drive improvement efforts, implement frequent feedback in order to grow as educators, and design systems that support the needs of all learners.
Joining Our Team
USN Core Traits:
- Mission-Driven. USN team members believe deeply in the mission of United Schools Network: to transform lives and our communities through the power of education.
- Growth Mindset. USN team members believe in their ability, and the ability of all students, to grow and improve.
- Relationship-Driven. USN team members get proximate to students, families, and colleagues to develop authentic relationships that inform work in the classroom.
- Conscientiousness. USN team members are professional, reliable, diligent, and pay attention to detail.
- Emotionally Constant. USN team members maintain a sense of calm while addressing a number of priorities.
- Holds a B.A./B.S. degree and has the ability to secure the appropriate teaching license.
- Has prior experience working in urban schools and/or communities (preferred).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Is committed to using data-driven instructional practices and the techniques outlined in Teach Like a Champion 3.0 to improve student outcomes.
- Is relentless in writing, refining, and internalizing curriculum, lessons, and assessments.
- Is open and committed to implementing frequent feedback from team members.
- Communicates effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
- Comfortability with Google products for effective communication and completion of job responsibilities.
Terms of Employment
- Although this position will begin July 29, 2024, applications will be considered immediately.
- This is a full-time position.
- Report times are typically Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., although some job-related tasks can be expected outside of these hours.
- Salary: The starting salary for a new teacher with a Bachelor’s degree is $49,000. The starting salary for other applicants will depend on professional experience and education level.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage
- Employees are eligible to participate in the State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio (STRS) or the School Employees Retirement System of Ohio (SERS).
- All USN schools are Equal Opportunity Employers.