Founders Federal Credit Union helps our members attain their financial goals. Our innovative services, convenient locations, and friendly employees are dedicated to our members and their financial future. Consistently recognized as one of the largest and most innovative credit unions in the nation, Founders serves more than 219,000 members and has over $2.2 billion in assets. We are the largest Credit Union in South Carolina.
Founders Federal Credit Union is strongly committed to providing the highest level of quality service to our members. We realize our outstanding, dedicated employees make it all happen. We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our strong organization and growing team as a Business Development Officer in the newly developed Clemson, SC, market area.
We welcome your interest in employment with our family-oriented organization where we proudly offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and centrally located branches.
The Business Development Officer is responsible cultivating new and maintaining existing Business Partner relationships with Founders Federal Credit Union to increase penetration of usage and service offerings. This person will serve as liaison between credit union and Business Partners in the Clemson service area. Will work independently, however reports directly to the AVP of Business Development.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate, schedule, and manage Employee signups and orientations. Conduct presentations to employees of Business Partners.
- Maintain current SEG Management database, including contacts, activity and prospective companies.
- Educate Business Partner contacts about new services, promotions, and enrollment procedures via telephone, site visits, letters, emails, and direct mail campaigns. Provide supplies as needed.
- Work with Marketing and Operations to provide current information on a continual basis to Business Partners.
- Work with Marketing to develop and prepare customized marketing materials and solicitations when needed.
- Assist with events and promotions to increase membership
- Contact and visit prospective Business Partners to present information on available services and benefits the Credit Union offers.
- Actively participate in civic organizations and community events representing Founders Federal Credit Union and take advantage of all networking opportunities in the region.
- Provide clerical assistance for AVP, Business Development
- Comply with all statutes and regulations, including but not limited to BSA.
The successful Business Development Officer must have an Associate Degree or equivalent course work. Sales experience and knowledge of credit union industry is preferred.
Additional requirements include:
- Positive attitude and highly personable.
- Strong communication skills; must be a confident and persuasive public speaker.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to manage priorities and balance multiple projects.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, computer skills, including some database experience.
- Must be well-organized, able to meet deadlines, and follow through on details with minimum of supervision.
- Must display professional appearance and manner.
- Must be able to work with branch staff and other departments to schedule business partner events.
- Must exhibit flexibility in work schedule as some business partners may require presentations or sign-ups at hours other than 8 – 5.
As the Business Development Officer, you will receive a competitive income and comprehensive benefits package.
Benefits provided include the following:
- Retirement Plan (with employer contributions)
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- Long Term Care Plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance coverage for employee and family
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Family-oriented culture that values work/life balance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career training
- Fit Founders Wellness Program
A pre-employment criminal background check, drug screen, consumer credit investigation, and previous employer reference check will be required.
Relax. Join our team.