Founders Federal Credit Union helps our members attain their financial goals. Our innovative services, convenient locations, and friendly employees are dedicated to our members and their financial future. Consistently recognized as one of the largest and most innovative credit unions in the nation, Founders serves more than 219,000 members and has over $2.2 billion in assets. We are the largest Credit Union in South Carolina.
Founders Federal Credit Union is strongly committed to providing the highest level of quality service to our members. We realize our outstanding, dedicated employees make it all happen. We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our strong organization and growing team as a Web Developer. This person would have the flexibility to work both remote and onsite at our Corporate Headquarters in Lancaster, SC.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Web Developer will work with web designers, as well as the project management team, to develop, test, implement, and maintain web-based application systems within the proposed period.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot system problems/issues, and look for ways to improve the application.
- Maintain a secure website design, assuring confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Manage website design/development projects from concept to completion.
- Work closely with SEO & Digital Marketing Specialist to ensure website copy is current and effectively increasing SEO rankings.
- A moderate degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Adherence to all security policies and controls.
- Ensure website designs and functionality are WCAG accessible and adhere to compliance guidelines.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects at different stages of completion.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks.
- Administer and maintain user rights and permissions within the content management tool.
- Complete any necessary training activities to stay current with the latest web trends, techniques, technologies, accessibility and compliance.
- Must be able to work both independently and with various teams while managing time efficiently.
- Ability to follow guidelines and procedures and be able to adhere to proofing processes for all changes to digital presences.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable statues and regulations including, but not limited to, BSA.
- Perform all related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or appropriate background experience as web developer
- Two years’ minimum experience developing websites is required.
- Experience with Drupal and/or WordPress or other similar Content Management Systems
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Experience with any of the following is welcomed: WCAG accessibility, responsive design techniques, SCSS/SASS, jQuery, Foundation or similar front-end frameworks
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud programs necessary (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, etc.)
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers and other departments while leading development to a completed and successful solution
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of necessary timelines and budgets
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Due to the nature of project deadlines and implementation schedules, evening and weekend work may be required.
As the Web Developer, you will receive a competitive income and comprehensive benefits package.
Benefits provided include the following:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Family-oriented culture that values work/life balance
- Retirement Plan (with employer contributions)
- Health and Dental Insurance - with eligibility on date of hire
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- Long Term Care Insurance Plan with guarantee issue within 31 days of hire
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance coverage for employee and family
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career development training
- Fit Founders Wellness Program
A pre-employment criminal background check, drug screen, consumer credit investigation, and previous employer reference check will be required.
Relax. Join our team.