The role of the Financial Assistant (Financial Counselor) is at the center of Brightside's work with clients. By building a trusting relationship that combines financial expertise with compassionate support, you will be able make a positive impact in the lives of our employee clients and their families.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
We are currently hiring 2-4 additional team members that will supplement our current team as the organization expands in 2018/2019.
In this role you will serve a portfolio of employee clients and provide comprehensive concierge financial services to them. This means helping with developing and implementing strategies for getting out of debt, managing their cashflow, and improving their behavior relative to their finances to save and plan for the future.
You will not only provide up to date financial information using our robust technology but use state of the art influence and relationship techniques to help people make concrete behavioral improvements to the way they handle money. Specifically, you will leverage a telephonic environment to:
- Provide financial education to clients on relevant topics
- Provide options and solutions to help solve financially related problems presented by the client
- Provide emotional support to clients as it relates to their financial situation
- Do leg work on behalf of clients based on their unique situation, teaching them skills for their own work in the future
- Help clients make good financial choices using our proprietary EARN model and other work processes
- Understand clients' motivation to help them make changes in their financial behavior and remove any barriers in the way of their success
Attributes and Competencies:
To succeed in this role, you need to be wired for service and care about your customer:
- You are empathic but have a good sense of boundaries and appropriate professional behavior
- You are caring, compassionate and driven to fulfill customers’ needs
- You are a great critical thinker (able to collect, synthesize and interpret data in service of planning and decision making
- You love to solve problems and you are creative at it
- You are eager to learn and seek feedback both for yourself and the organization
- You possess positive financial skills?
- You are adept with technology and able to leverage solutions/systems to reach a desired outcome
- You are organized with strong follow-up capability and able to work at appropriate levels of detail relative to the task at hand
- You can handle to handle high volume of phone calls or chats in a fast-paced environment
- You can multitask and effectively manage deadlines and goals
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have Strong computer and internet skills; MS Office, Chrome, Google Apps and other programs or platforms
- Customer Service experience in a customer call center is a plus
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- 3-5 years in a customer focused role with demonstrated examples of how you improved the customer’s situation
- Demonstrated ability to build a trusting relationship with your customer via telephone in an ongoing relationship-based environment
- Strong work history demonstrating your impact of enhancing the company through your contributions/suggestions/improvements of the organization
- Ability to comply with company and industry standard policy and procedures while remaining solution oriented and creative with approaches
- Coaching and professional sharing of knowledge to colleagues in an effort to grow overall organization
- Paid Training
- Job Type: Full-time
Brightside is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Local applicants only. No relocation assistance is available for this role.